Monday, September 24, 2007

About Me...(something I copied from someone else's blog!)



1. What I was doing 10 years ago...Being Mommy to my first daughter

2. What I was doing 5 years ago...Hmmmm, I can't remember! These are hard questions! I'm still trying to remember yesterday :) I was probably pregnant or something!!! Actually, I wasn't but.......just can't remember!

3. What I was doing 1 year ago...Another hard one. Being a very busy mom. Oh yeah, training for a 10-mile run to see if I thought I could ever pull off a marathon. The marathon I think I will love but all the training would be hard for me just because it takes away from the already precious little time we have as a family. I want to do it at least once though. I had actually just written up my training plan for a marathon this last spring and found out I was pregnant! I think it was my subconscious way of procrastinating the hard training until next spring! :)

4. What I did yesterday...Laid low (am basically on bedrest until my baby's born) with my lovely family, then after everyone went to bed, went for a drive, stopped by one of my best friend's house, then just drove and listened to music just to get a little alone time in!

5. 5 snacks I enjoy...Chocolate, chocolate...oops! I suppose chocolate counts as only one; apples (occasionally I allow myself mmm-mm-m-m-m-m caramel dip); baby spinach; Caribou granola bars; chocolate!!!

6. 5 things I would do if I had 100 Million dollars...pay off our house and get a bigger place with at least 20 acres so I can have a HUGE garden, we have room for the kids to play, explore, build and get filthy dirty without neighbors watching on with raised eyebrows like we would be neglecting our kids (instead of actually allowing them to truly play)...we actually have fabulous neighbors....for the most part, a few of 'em just have different priorities than we have; pay off other debt; give our families (our sibs and parents) each a chunk of it; donate to our church; donate to our schools........WAIT!!! did I run out my 5 options already? I meant to definitely put in SHOPPING!!! New clothes, furniture, and a good 4-wheel drive!

7. 5 places I would run away to...warm and sunny beach resort first with my husband; warm and sunny beach resort with our whole crew; Finland to visit all our dear friends and family we have there (WITH all the kids...sorry crew and passengers on THAT flight! It's a long haul over the ocean); meander the U.S. in an RV with my hubby and kids; and a remote island for about a month for us to really grow to appreciate each other...of course it has to have a good boating area, swimming area, huge sandy beach to play on, nice, cozy and good-sized cabin, fireplace, bonfire pit....

8. 5 bad habits I have...procrastinating, being impatient with our dogs on occasion (I really do love 'em tho'), getting side-tracked too easily, not ever having laundry totally caught up (that probably falls in the procrastination category), and ignoring the phone from time-to-time (just a sanity-preserver)...since I listed 2 that would technically fit under procrastination, I have to add one more: any time I read a grammatical error, be it a typo or punctuation issue, or changing from tense to tense within one sentence, I have this ridiculous urge to pull out a pen and correct it (if it's in a newspaper, magazine, flyer) or click on it and correct it if it's on the computer! I better watch out though because between age and my brain being a few sizes too small for all that I have going on in life, I am just asking for someone to then come after me with their red pen or delete button and point out all the mistakes that I make on a regular basis! :)

9. 5 things I like doing...running, karate, writing, knitting/crocheting, playing piano

10. 5 TV shows I like... easy one! We don't have a TV

11. 5 things I hate doing...dusting!!! writing out bills (which I hate starting but once I get going it's not so bad); going through all the mail we get (bills, junk mail); going through all the paperwork and forms that having a family this size requires (school forms, clinic forms, and the like); and cleaning our vehicles cause there is just SO MUCH STUFF we find in there, and too often they resemble a long-forgotten science specimen!!! (again, once I get going I actually enjoy it...usually!)

12. 5 biggest joys...my kids!!! my husband!!! my sisters/siblings..all of our extended family; new babies; coffee dates with my friends/family (about 95% of the time in one of our homes with our children roaring around in the background)!

Thanks everyone for the fun idea! This is a good way to get to know someone, so if you're reading this, you've been tagged and must post on your blog.GOOD LUCK!

3 comments:

Matchbox Mom said...

ah! Thanks for stopping by my blog! That was fun!
Sorry to hear about the rough pregnancy! I can't believe you've done that six times...
I wish I could have....
Your family is beautiful! I bet you're so proud of them! I'm glad you got to do the about me thing...it was fun getting to know you! Keep on bloggin...

Tami

Darla said...

And thanks for stopping by mine! Doesn't it just help so much to know there are so many of us out there with similar views on child-rearing and mommying? I think we all get too hard on ourselves. We are too quick to see our own flaws and don't open our eyes to the fact that there are probably others out there running around unshowered, ungroomed, unmatching, with kids that don't look like they just stepped out of a fashion catalog...and with a yard full of dandelions (my favorite bouquet from my kids), holes dug up here and there, "farms" of different sorts set up by my kids..!!! This blogging thing has really helped me finish relaxing about all of this and really enjoy the funny moments instead of enjoying them, then feeling abnormal 'cause I just can't get more into keeping up on everything!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

That was fun to read abt you. I too am thankful to have found other moms' blogs to read abt how they cope with life. It is great fun to "get to know" you.