Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. Today is my 12th wedding anniversary! (If it's still posting as October 28th)
2. I love writing, running, and karate...among other things such as knitting, crocheting, playing piano..
3. I love other languages and cultures! I took 2 years of German in high school and would love to re-learn German..I speak Finnish, and someday will be fluent in American Sign Language and Spanish (never mind the fact I know next to nothing in either ASL or Spanish!) :)
4. I come from a family of 4 boys, 7 girls and betwixt the lot of us, we have, ummmm, 52 children I believe! We have the best family get-togethers possible!!!
5. I love travelling! I've been to many states in the U.S., to Canada several times, lived in Finland for a year, then visited it again for a month once and almost 2 weeks another time, have been to Mexico twice and Sweden twice (while living in Finland). I even stood near the border of Russia while in Finland and watched trucks rumbling along in the distance and could see guard towers!
6. I can't stand mucousy body fluids! Especially vomit & dog drool!!!!!!!!! I truly do a full body shudder when I come into any contact with it, especially unexpected contact!
7. My mom died just after I turned 8. The kids in our family ranged in age from 19 to 2. I think this defined me to who I am today. I am a bit of a non-conformist and feel that this is due partially to my personality and partially due to my mother's death. Growing up without a mom forces you to grow up a bit fast and also to figure out a lot of life's lessons in your own way. I learned a ton from my sisters (and still do) as well as from everyone in my family. Then when you see people doing things just because (usually because that's just how everyone does it) it doesn't make sense to me so I continue to do things how life's school of hard knocks (or just life's school) has taught me!
Now, I'm supposed to tag 7 people...okay, now was it also 7 random facts or was I mixing it up with tagging 7 people? Oh well. I listed 7 facts and I'm stickin' to it! I will clarify with the people I tag if it is otherwise. I, however, don't know if I will be able to scrounge 7 people up from bloggers because I don't think I "know" 7 people yet but I will try! First, my sister, Kristin, then suburbancorrespondent, houseofdanes, shellie, (carrie tagged me so I can't pick her...) ummmmm, I'll go look at my comments because I know that there are a couple more I'm sure I could pick but can't remember off the top of my head what their names are! We'll start with these...I will have to go on and send the message to them on their blogs tomorrow because I am chronically sleep deprived and I have to be up in about 4 1/2 hours plus I'm sure my babycakes will have me up a couple of times between now and 5:30am, when my alarm will be going off. :)
Now this makes 3 posts in the last few hours!!! Boy, I was sure in the sharing mode!