Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ooohhh, I miss my camera!!!

I've lost our camera case (or one of my kids has lost it....I think I will blame it on them!) and in it is our battery charger. I have been without my camera for over a week and with a newborn in the house, that is just plain old wrong!!! She has changed so much already, she's gotten some fat layers on those little sparrow limbs, is developing a admirable double chin and her cheeks are starting to look like chipmunks! Yay!!! She's growing!!!!

Last night my sleep was pretty nonexistant. My baby kept me up until after midnight, which has been pretty typical since she's been born. Then just as she was settling down, my 3 y.o. woke up crying and when I went to check on her, she was hot with fever. I was up with her, she needed to go potty, have water, and I tried to sneak a little Advil into her orange juice 'cause she hates medicine of any kind...she took a couple drinks and wouldn't have anything to do with it! THen I got her back to sleep by maybe 2 or so and was up with baby some more. Then about 4a.m. Kaisa (3 y.o.) started crying and I could hear her barfing. Thank goodness she had moved from my bed into her bed...hers has a crib matress on it (it's a toddler bed) so it was at least easy cleanup. I then got her into the tub, washed up, only to hear that the hubbub had woken our next 2 (the 6 and 8 y.o.'s) up and they were arguing about something. It was 4:20 a.m.!!! I snarled at them to just clamp it until it was legally morning or they will have loony mother on their hands. THey obliged!!! My head finally hit the pillow at a few minutes to 5. My alarm began ringing at 5:30 but I hit the snooze until 6:30 without realizing it! Luckily we had no issues to finish (like homework or showers) so we made it fine getting kids on the bus.

Well, now to quickly clean a bit while my 2 are sleeping...hopefully I will find my camera charger!!!

6 comments:

Kellan said...

What a hard night - sorry about that. I sure don't miss those days, but I love when they are babies - lucky you for that. See ya.

Darla said...

Yes, I absolutely love the newborn stage! I'm up a million times a night but at least it's not with a kid having night terrors, puking, or having wet their bed. Instead it's an adorable little snuggle-bunny that I just nurse, change if needed, and snuggle with, usually falling asleep with her on my chest. AND it helps that I usually have a stash of chocolate chips lately, with the full intention of using to make cookies but never seem to have the time to get to. Every time I'm about to nurse the baby, I quickly pad to the kitchen (with my eyes still half shut) for a hand full to munch while I feed her. THEN many times after her feeding, I zip back in there for another hand full and rinse with some water and call it a good feeding! :) THAT nasty habit I will kick by 6 weeks postpartum. I give myself 6 weeks to get my habits straight again after a baby, then I know I have no excuse to get back into a healthier lifestyle!

Darla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suburban Correspondent said...

Ugh - sounds like you're getting what we had. Have fun!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Holy Cow! I'm sorry for your horrible night. yikes! How are things going tonight? How is Kaisa? Did ya find the case? I would be batty w/o my camera!

Darla said...

I never did find the camera case because as soon as I got up to go, someone was waking up! Kaisa is much better now. That next morning she slept until 11:30am, then took a NAP (those are rare with her) for about half an hour that afternoon and seemed a little out of sorts the rest of the day but was fine after that! Knock on wood, no one else has gotten anything!!!!!!!!