Wednesday, November 21, 2007

An Embarassing, Make That A VERY Embarassing, Moment to Share!

Okay, this one, I'm quite sure, takes the cake in one of the most embarassing moments in history! I would almost skip some of the details except that's what makes it quite humorous at the same time.

Last week I had to call my oldest daughter's teacher but couldn't find her voicemail extension number. Instead of wasting a lot of time looking for it, I just called the office and asked to be put through to her voice mail. As the receptionist was putting me through, I suddenly had the urge to go to the bathroom, really bad! I opened the bathroom door to find my six y.o. sitting on the throne. The phone was still silent, no greeting had yet come on, so I quickly lowered the mouthpiece of the phone to my chin and very quietly whispered, "Are you almost done? I have to go bathroom really bad!" Then I decided to add, since she just looked so relaxed and wasn't moving, "The poop's almost coming out!" to which I heard a crisp, "Thank you! If you would like to add to your message, press...." To that, I could only slowly lower the phone, quietly click the phone "off", and (still whispering) say, "I cannot believe I just said that! I cannot believe I just left her that message!!!" Greta could only just stare at me and ask, "Huh? What did you just say?"

I waited at least 10-15 minutes before I dared to call again, this time looking up her extension on the school website. The second time, there was a nice greeting, "Hello! You have reached..." so now I can just cling to the hope that it didn't go through to her voicemail since I know that there was no greeting or a beep, warning me that my end of the convo was going to be recorded!!!! The one problem I do still have though is that I'm quite sure that they have caller ID because once when I was being put through to my daughter's room, the phone got cut off just after it got answered in the classroom, before I could identify myself. Holli called me back within seconds, saying, "My teacher told me you just called!" So, someone at that school was left this very confidential information on their voicemail and know exactly who had to go really bad that day!!! I still can almost feel that mind-numbing embarassment as I think about it! :s

6 comments:

houseofdanes said...

Darla, Again... this makes me laugh so much. You'll definitely have a story down the road when someone asks what was your most embarassing moment. Actually I'd put it under funniest. Thanks again for the laugh. I so need it with all that's going on in my world. :)
Tami

onthegomom said...

Oh I don't mean to laugh at your pain... but that was pretty funny! It is sooooooooo something I would do!

Darla said...

As embarassing as it was, there was so much humor to it too that I just had to see it for its humor!!!

Shellie said...

That was one of the funniest embarrassing moments I ever heard. Oh thank you for sharing that, it made my day...which day, I'm not so sure since it's 0:04. I'm gonna go to bed! But first I must confess I've done even more embarrassing things than that... I said "I'm not wearing anything," while interpreting over the phone. I was trying desperately to hit the mute button while trying to avoid getting walked in on and being seen by my brother, all while trying to listen to and memorize what was being said so I could regurgitate it in another language in a minute. And why was I working in the nude? It's a looong story. To make it short, I was showering right before I got a call while I was supposed to be off for half an hour, but they were desperate, so I took the call. And what did I do? I had to save face for the company so I acted as surprised as everyone else and pretended I was getting interference.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh the tears are running! :D I'm sure to wake someone!

Kathy said...

All I can offer is an "I'm so sorry."
I'm sorry we all laughed our heads off! Thanks for daring to share.