*Okay, big old fat disclaimer here: I am NOT responsible for the complete computer ineptness my brain possesses. If anyone would be so kind as to tell me how to copy these cute buttons (I think that's what they are called)...and disregard #3 of my random facts about myself because I now see it is just not true, I would greatly appreciate it. Eventually #3 will be true, so I will just leave it there for good luck!*
Tiaras and Tantrums tagged me with this:
RULES, because you know these tags always have rules . . .
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, here are 7 facts about myself:
1. I have a hard time knowing when to stop pushing myself. Example of this: about 1 1/2 weeks ago I ran 7 miles. I hadn't been training up to it as well as I should have but by bare minimum standards, was up to the run. I ran continuously until I had only a mile left, then had to stop for a traffic light. To make sure that my heart rate didn't drop too fast, I paced back and forth, waiting for the walk light. I noticed I couldn't walk straight to save my life, I was weaving and almost tipping over. Although I've never been drunk in my life, I imagined this was the challenge a highly intoxicated person must face when trying to walk. As soon as the light changed, I continued to run since I hadn't had any problems keeping a straight line while running. Later, I excitedly told everyone that knew I was training for a 10 mile run that I did 7 miles just fine and felt great afterward. Because I didn't pass out at the time, I didn't give it another thought. Only after a doctor's appointment later that week for a totally unrelated issue did it dawn on me that that may have been some indication that my body just wasn't up to that length of a run......for reasons I will get into in another post.
2. I come from a family of 11 kids...I am number 8. Trying to figure out the birth order thing since I never really see it explaining birth order past 3rd child...would be nice to know what I'm supposed to turn out like! :) Just kidding. Not too concerned at all but a birth order post I recently read at Octamom's blog (here's the post) made me chuckle and wonder, "Where, exactly, do the rest of us fit in?"
3. I just figured out this linky/hyperlinky thing and am quite pleased!!! It's a huge accomplishment for me!
4. I have a first degree black belt in karate and am/was hoping test out for my second degree this December....more about this in another post soon. I love it!
5. In the recent years, I've begun to realize that a void that was left with the death of my mother has begun to be filled by mothering my own kids.
6. In some ways I am very self-disciplined (I can get myself into a quite rigid running and eating schedule when I put my mind to it, for one example) but very non-disciplined in others (I can drink coffee like water....or usually I can....more on that topic in another post...soon, and eat chocolate until I'm nearly sick. I'm at their mercy!)
7. I just LOVE hanging out and shooting the breeze with my little family. Nothing beats my hubby and the kids teasing back and forth, the decibal level reaching the roof with cackles and story-telling, discussing random things like math problems, weird history and other little-known facts my husband has tucked away in that big cavernous brain of his...
I tag the following:
Of course, if you've been tagged to death and can't stand the thought of doing another, that is truly okay. Anyone else wanting to participate, consider yourself tagged because it's fun to learn more about everyone!
Bestowed upon by Tiaras and Tantrums:
To translate the gift from Portuguese to English, it means: "This blog invests and believes, the proximity"[meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' -being close through proxy]Post this if/when you award this to others:
"They all are charmed with the blogs, where in the majority of its aims are to show the marvels and friendship; they are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut or that they propagate?"
Then let's try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to 8 bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text.
*I know that I tagged a few more than I was supposed to but the more the merrier, I like to say!