Saturday, August 2, 2008

Notice Anything Different?

My sitemeter...Gone! My new Blog List...Gone!!! Apparently there is some problem with Blogger and most of my favorite sites give me some weird message that goes something like this, "Internet Explorer unable to open....(blog site)..Abort Operation!" On someone's blog I read that the culprit is the sitemeter...get rid of it is what they basically said you must do to be able to get on others' blogs and vice versa. Then after ridding myself of that (I can live without my sitemeter) with no problem resolution, I went onto the "Help" site for Blogger. There I read something about Blog Lists being the problem. It took me a while to delete that because I wasn't so sure it would solve the problem. After finally deleting it, I was much saddened to see that my problem remains. Now I have to rebuild my Blog List! Some of those addresses I had to do some serious digging to find, too! Well, I guess I have my work cut out for me! :)

7 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Yes, sometimes it is best with Blogger to wait a few hours to see if the situation resolves itself. I noticed the problem, too; but thankfully I didn't have a chance to sit at my computer yesterday evening and do much damage.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

That is a serious bummer! :(

Kellan said...

I put sitemeter back on my blogs and everything seems fine now. I heard it was a problem between Sitemeter and Internet Explorer so I downloaded Firefox and have been using that brower for now, but I think they fixed the problem because I have used IE also and all seems okay.

Take care and I'll see you soon - Kellan

Darla said...

Yeah...Shoulda waited for a bit but I'm not a very patient type! Did more harm than good trying to fix this one! :)

Shellie said...

Oh how sad! I hope you recover all the lost ground soon. Computers can be such a headache!

Maria (also Bia) said...

Since I don't have sitemeter I didn't have any problems with my site...but there were several sites I couldn't reach. It seems whenever there is a problem with blogger a blogosphere panic ensues.

Blessings.

Darla said...

Well, I think I'm just going to skip the sitemeter altogether at this point...I don't watch it at all anyway. The Blog List, however, I was already quite attached to! :) That, I will reconstruct!!!