Ever have times in life that you think it just can't get any more overwhelming...there is just no way...and then it does?
Ok, this is not going to be a whining post, however. As much as I feel like whining right now. I decided that instead of being weighed down by all the difficulties, I am going to look at the positive side of each of the challenges.
1. It seems like this week has been the week for peeing through diapers, poopy blowouts, dog accidents. My yucky laundry of the wet and poopy variety is piling up...I just haven't been able to get to it all. Wait, I think it's been the month for it 'cause it has been going on for a long, long time!
positive: (Shoot. I forgot it already. Hang on....Oh!) At least right now, we still have clean socks and underwear for everyone (a small miracle in itself) and even clothes for everyone and tomorrow is still looking good for mass washing during the day and then laundromat to dry in the evening. Laundromat=evening out (with a couple helpers...they are such good folders and sock pairers I wouldn't dream of leaving home without them)!
2. Our house is really messy and dirty lately.
positive: At least it isn't tornado season where a tornado could lift the roof off and then in all the aerial shots from the news helicopter, everyone all over would see how messy we live!
3. Our house is just getting smaller and smaller with our growing family. It's hard to move around here without stepping on someone, something, or in something really gross!
positive: At least we have a house! (Seriously!)
4. My baby, who was coughing and coughing, just after drinking a whole bunch, barfed up at least 68 ozs of milk...straight into the crockpot I had just finished washing out and setting up to put chicken into overnight!
positive: At least the chicken wasn't in it yet! :)
5. Oh, and baby also barfed all over the dishwasher.
positive: At least the dishwasher door was shut for a change, cause the dishes in it were all clean...and in this household the dishwasher is probably just as often open as it is shut.
6. Also, much of those 68 ozs of milk ended up in a huge pool on the floor. And down my clean shirt.
positive: With as much that was just hanging out on the floor, at least no workbooks, notebooks, school work or mail didn't happen to be there and a clean towel that happened to be partially wet that I had just wiped up a huge puddle of water with happened to be close enough that I could just toss it over the puddle of milk and wipe it up with my foot. And the shirt? It's washable!
Oh, and I happened to have papertowel around, which is another small miracle, to wipe the front of the dishwasher with, after I got baby rocked and sang to sleep and tucked in and the frozen chicken forced into the crockpot.
So, things are actually kind of looking up! :)
And, tomorrow is another day! I get to start fresh, albeit tired I'm sure, and try all over again!