Friday, September 19, 2008

Photo Story Friday: Time for Truce

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek






Well, these young warriors were at it on the battlefield again.

After punches and pinches, pushes and pulls, it was time for a change of pace.

I asked the young warriors to cease fire but my plea fell on deaf ears.

Time for truce! I asked the young ladies to sit cross-legged on the floor with their knees touching.

Of course this request was met with resistance until the timer went from 2 minutes to 3, with promise for more time with non-compliance.

Reluctantly, the warriors sat cross-legged and grudgingly inched forward, very slowly and painfully, until...their knees met!

First, they wouldn't look at each other.

My next request was to face each other, look each other in the eyes and think about how they had hurt the other.

Within seconds, and I exaggerate not I tell you, they were giggling and saying, "Okay Mom! We're friends! Now can we get up?" I said, "Yes, as soon as the timer beeps. Now look your friend in the eye!"

When the timer beeped, I gave one final request, "Now, before you get up, give each other a hug and apologize!" Giggling and haltingly, as if their hands were filled with lead, they inched their hands together, got as far as hooking fingers, and gave each other a "finger hug". "So-rry!"

Well, I guess I didn't specify what kind of hug! The truce was made, "hugs" were given, and apologies extended. They left in giggles...and in cahoots...once again!

5 comments:

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Hi! I came over from My Chaos, My Bliss all because I loved the name of your blog. Cute! The pics are adorable too.

Glad I stopped by.

Chris said...

Nice! I'm going try the technique. It's gotta work better than the current efforts.

tiarastantrums said...

Hey - How did I miss this??

Great post!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Great idea! Glad that it worked, I think it would be 20 mins before my warriors would concede!

Shellie said...

I love it when kids do that... and I love your tortoise.