Sunday, April 26, 2009

More on our Mr. Man...








Some quick stories if I can squeeze them in before the Prince decides it's time to eat again:


Right when I called to my sister's to tell her and our kids that we had the baby, our almost 11 y.o. answered. I told her, "Well, we had the baby!" She asked, "What did you have, boy or girl." (My question mark doesn't work on my keyboard) I told her, "Guess!" She said, "Girl!" I said, "Nope! A boy!" Her first comment was, "Mom! Dad still has to do most of the diapers now, right (quest. mark)" :) I told her, "Absolutely!" Her, "Whew!"

Story behind the comment: Once upon a time, many years ago, a wise man and his foolish wife made a deal. After their firstborn child (a girl) was born, the man told his foolish wife, "I just have such of a hard time doing a little girl's diaper. It just gives me the hibbies (accompanied by a little shiver and shudder) washing out all those little girl parts. How 'bout if you do most of the girls' diapers, then I will do most of our boys' diapers!" The very, very foolish wife agreed!!! Guess who has kicked herself 5 hardy kicks or more since that deal was made!

The reason our almost-eleven-year-old has taken such interest in who will change the diapers: Once upon a time, this same foolish woman was with seventh child. Her very wise husband, without knowing the gender of the child (but surely was covering his bases just in case this was a boy-child), informed the almost-eleven-year-old that since our eldest daughter had done so many diapers with the last two babies, it was time for her to begin the duty of diaper changing with the next baby. He said, "You had better practice a bit now before the next baby is born because you will be doing many diapers with the next baby!"


One day, as the almost-eleven-year-old was lamenting her fate, the foolish woman suddenly had a clear moment in her very foggy brain and remembered The Deal, made so many years ago with her wise husband. "Wait one stinking minute, my dear daughter! One day, almost 13 years ago, your daddy and I made a deal...." And thus, the almost-eleven-year-old was enlightened of the details.


Hence, the sudden interest of the almost-eleven-year-old of her daddy's involvement in diaper changing.


Now, I will post a few more pictures of our newest addition and will have to wait until the next post to tell you more of the Princess' reactions to the news of the Prince's arrival.






6 comments:

Joni said...

CUUUUTE PICTURES!!! I always love pics with newborns on daddy's, as well as with 'big' little siblings!!

kristin said...

Is he handsome, or what!?! So proud to be his auntie. :)

houseofdanes said...

Darla!!!!!!! Where I have I been? You had another baby and a boy! Congrats and I"m sorry I've obviously been out of touch so long!

Kristin said...

Darla,

I haven't visited your blog in awhile and I had no idea you had the baby! I'm SO excited!!!!! I can't believe you had a boy! LOL!! I'm so happy for you. That is amazing. He is so precious! Congratulations! And thank you so much for the compliments on my store....that means so much to me! I am just laughing because something tells me if we kept having kids, it would probably take us until the 7th one too to finally get a boy. Ha!!!!

Shellie said...

Oh how darling! How exciting! He is sooooo cute! I love the story AND the reactions and the picture near the end with one of the kids in the bassinet it looks like it is with the baby? Priceless. Congratulations!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

He is SOOOOOOO cute!!!